Sonomono Inc., henceforth referred to as "the company" is a mail-order and e-commerce business. Our purpose is creating a trust relationship with our customers and business partners, based on social responsibility and protection of the personal information of everyone involved in our business activities. Under this philosophy, the company strives to protect customers’ sensitive data and ensure the use of its products and services with peace of mind.
The following clauses explain the management system created for protecting personal information.
- We will comply with the local laws and regulations concerning the handling of personal information that belongs to our customers, employees, and business partners.
- As a mail order company, we are aware of the risks of handling customers personal information. We specify the scope of our activities before collecting personal information. We warranty the use of customers data exclusively for orders fulfillment.
- We do not provide private information about our clients to third-party companies without their explicit approval. However, we are required by law to provide information in case the Japanese government or any judicial authority requires it.
- When it is necessary to contract the services of a third company to process the information of our clients, a privacy contract is signed and its strict compliance is monitored.
- In case of complaints concerning the handling of private information, we will investigate the problem thoroughly and take immediate corrective measures to solve it.
- In light of changes in social conditions and technological environment, we will continuously review our policies and upgrade our technology for protecting personal information.
About the handling of personal information
The privacy protection activities of Sonomono Inc. henceforth referred to as "the company" are based on the personal information protection policy that complies with the personal information protection law of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and the guidelines of the Japan Mail Order Association. The company's activities for the handling of personal information in our company are described below.
- About the use of personal information
- We utilize personal information such as name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, date of birth, etc. for internal transactions and developing product-related promotional materials that may include catalogs, DM, e-mail (including e-mail magazine), telephone calls, short mail message service (SMS), applications, questionnaires, etc. We may also apply customers information for developing new products and services. Information related to economic transactions may be used for debt management, product planning, credit line assessment, and price settlement. Occasionally, customer service phone calls may be recorded for operators educational purposes and quality service improvement.
- About acquisition of personal information
- The customer is required to input personal information when purchasing a product, request a catalog, make an inquiry, register to receive a membership service, answer surveys, participate in monitor campaigns, apply for a promotion, etcetera. Customers also can use our website without revealing personal information, but access to some pages and some services may not be available.
- About management of personal information
- We will implement and strictly control the appropriate security management measures to prevent loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etcetera of our customers' personal information.
- Regarding shared use of personal information
- We may share customers' personal information with other companies belonging to our group, with the sole purpose of providing better services.
- About third party companies access to information
- In case the company would require the services of a third party company for processing our customers' information, the handling process will be carried under strict confidentiality and high-security measures. The confidentiality contract signed between the company and the service provider will include all necessary clauses for protecting and preventing misuse of the information.
- Provision of personal information to third parties
- We do not disclose customers personal information or provide it to third parties without their explicit consent.
However, we will make exceptions if we are required by law to disclose information. For example, in case the information is requested by competent judicial or legislative authorities.
- About credit card information
- The credit card information (number, expiration date, holder name) used by the customer at the check-up, will be sent directly to each credit card company without storing any data in the company database.
- Regarding disclosure of personal information
- We require our customers to register their full name, address, and phone number for fulfilling order purposes. If the customer is unable to provide this data, we may request an alternative identification method to fulfill the order. The order form includes additional information that the customer can refuse to register, provided that he or she is aware that certain services such as pay on demand will not be available.
In addition to the declaration of personal information, we may ask our customers to change the payment method according to our company policy.
- About disclosure of personal information and complaints
- The company notifies its customers about the purpose of collecting personal information, information management, information disclosure, correction of content, addition or deletion of content, suspension of use, and contract termination with third parties.
If you require disclosure of personal information, please contact us using the Customer Information Consultation Service. This service is open for solving inquiries, complaints, and consultations regarding the management of personal information.
- About our website security
- We protect all personal information registered on our website using SSL encryption technology (Secure Sockets Layer). SSL is the most widely deployed cryptographic protocol to provide security over internet communications.
A cookie is a small file that holds a certain amount of data, which our website can send to your browser. It may then be stored on your computer's hard drive and can be accessed by our web server. This cookie data can then be retrieved and can allow us to customize our website and services accordingly. It is important to clarify that cookies do not collect any personal data stored on your hard drive or computer.
- About targeted advertising
All customers are able to disable advertisements and data collection by visiting the opt-out site of the affiliated advertising companies. For this purpose, select the option: reject this advertisement, and request: don't send. This action will invalidate the advertising services and cookies.
- Children's privacy
- Our website is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under 13 through our website. Customers under the age of 13 should obtain permission from a parent or tutor before using our website.
If you believe that we may have unintentionally collected personal information from a child under 13, please contact our customer information center.
- About applicable law
- All our business operations and website usage are bounded by current applicable Japanese laws. Due to the open nature of the internet, our website can be accessed from different countries all over the world. However, we do not claim or imply in any form that our web site's content is appropriate or available for all countries.
Non-Japanese residents may access our website at their own discretion, and take full responsibility for compliance with their local laws.
- Court of competent jurisdiction
- If a legal dispute may arise, the Fukuoka District Court will be the first deliberation option.
- Contact information
- ＜Personal Information Protection Manager＞
Address：1-20-2 Imaizumi Tenjin MENT Building 8F, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka, Japan 810-0021
TEL： (+81) 092-406-3221
- Last Modified: 9 February 2018. All changes applied after this date substitute previous versions.
To protect customers and comply with changes in laws and regulations, we may revise some of the "Personal Information Protection Policy" and "Handling of Personal Information." We encourage our customers to check regularly. If there is a revision in the future, we will announce it on our website 30 days in advance.