【Natto nuggets & natto grilled egg 】Prepare a traditional Japanese lunch, obento!
[Happy gut with natto powder] A traditional Japanese lunch box or obento often includes, steamed rice, vegetables, and fried eggs. Check this easy-to-understand recipe video to learn how to prepare natto nuggets and natto fried eggs for a real Japanese lunch box. If you are cooking for kids, we recommend natto powder mild to enhance the ingredients’ natural flavors and support intestinal activity.
Products used in this recipe
Boost food nutrition with natto powder! The fluffy natto nugget made with minced chicken and tofu is healthy and protein-rich. You can freeze the nuggets and use them on other dishes. The fried egg “tamagoyaki” is seasoned with natto powder and noodle soup, a delicacy that also makes your gut microbiota happy!
Cooking time：20 minutes
Product used：natto powder mild
|Natto powder||3~4 teaspoons|
|Minced chicken [A]||200g|
|Medium-firm tofu [A]||200g|
|Kayanoya Dashi||1 bag|
|Cooking oil||2~3 spoons|
- [A]Use the tofu as it is, do not squeeze it.
- Mix all the content of the dashi bag with the ingredients and mix thoughtfully.
- Heat a frying pan with the oil.
- To prepare the nuggets, take bite-sized portions with a spoon and place them on the frying pan.
- Fry the nuggets at medium heat for 3-4 minutes, turn over and cover with a lid. Let them cook for 3-4 minutes with the steam and remove.
These nuggets’ flavor is soft. Add salt when mixing the ingredients if you want to make it stronger. The hardness also can be adjusted by changing the meat/tofu ratio. The cooking time depends on the size of the nugget. Check for doneness with a toothpick before removing from heat.
Natto grilled egg “tamago yaki”
|Natto powder [A]||1 teaspoon|
|Egg [A]||2 pcs.|
|Soup base for noodles (tsuyu) [A]||1 teaspoon|
|Sugar（at taste）[A]||1 teaspoon|
|Garlic chives (nira)||1 bundle|
|Cooking oil||1 tablespoon|
- [A]Mix the natto powder, eggs, soup base, and sugar in a bowl and mix thoughtfully.
- Cut the garlic achieves into 5 cm long pieces.
- Add oil to a heated frying pan, pour the bowl content, and mix gently with chopsticks.
- Add the garlic chives, cover, and steam it over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the mixture over, cover it again, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces and serve.
This is an excellent way to eat natto even for people who have tried natto before and disliked it. Use the nuggets and fried egg as side dishes to prepare an original Japanese lunch box! Add your favorite vegetables, meat, etc to a bed of steamed rice and it’s done.
＼ sonomono® popular products ／
Firmly support your health with natto bacteria that reach the intestines alive!
Natto powder capsules
1bag 2,430 yen(tax included)〜
Nutritional balance and natto bacteria! Improve the quality of your meals with a scoop.
1bag 1,080 yen(tax included)〜